Marshall Historical Society

School Districts in the Town of Marshall
Notes by M. L. "Pete" Peterson around 1975

District #1
MacConnell
June 5, 1938
Centralized August 1938
Dist #1 school
District #2
Daytonville
July 1932
Dist #2 school
District #3 (old)
The Cobblestone School
located on Paris Hill Road this siide of the later school shown below.
July 1932
District #3 school (old)
District #3
Called the Cobblestone District after the old school shown above.
District #3 school
District #4
Closed in 1919. It was located in the western part of the township near the Currie Farm on the Oriskany Falls - Deansboro Road. It was moved in 1922 to become a storehouse for the Town of Marshall. When this school and old District #5 (Dicksville) were consolidated with Deansboro (District #10) its number (4) was given to the consolidated district. Thus Deansboro Union Free School District was #4 and not #10.
The number 5 was dropped and given to old #9 which was the Forge Hollow School. Thus #9 and #10 were eliminated and there were eight districts in the township. District #4 school (old)
District # 4
Deansboro Union Free School
Centralized in 1932
Old District # 5
Dicksville
District #5 (old)
District #5
Forge Hollow
District #5
District #6
Hanover
Old Hanover School in background. Church stood on site of the newer school.
Centralized 1932
District #6 school
District #7
Brothertown
Centralized (?) 1940
District #8
Gridley District
Centralized (?) 1932
District #8 school
Index | Historical articles
Web master: lcgilley@tds.net 2007 - Marshall Historical Society